Reduce. Replace. Renew. Replant. Reuse. Recycle. Revenue. Results.
Like all successful businesses, we consume energy and natural resources to run our daily operations, yet we recognize that we have a responsibility to be a wise steward of scarce materials. We are proud to operate our business in the most environmentally responsible manner, reducing the use of nonrenewable resources and increasing energy efficiency in all of our facilities. Colbert Packaging's sustainability initiatives are rooted in our timeless commitment to social, environmental and fiscal responsibility, and provide a solid framework for employing good business practices in the quest for a greener world.
- All Colbert facilities have achieved SFI Chain of Custody Certification.
- Colbert's Lake Forest, Offset and Elkhart facilities have also achieved FSC Chain of Custody Certification.
- Colbert received the Illinois Department of Natural Resources’ Sustainable Technology Award.
- Our paperboard is from certified sources; we can track the board back to the sourcing forest.
- Most of our folding cartons, by design, are made using sustainable and recyclable paperboard.
- Paper-based packaging can be recycled by anyone who has access to recycling programs.
- Colbert Packaging recycles, on average, 5,700 tons of paperboard scraps annually.
- BlisterGuard reduces the use of petroleum-based plastics by up to 70% versus clamshells.
- Our facilities are designed for energy efficiency, with one-way movement through production.
- We continually invest in equipment that reduces energy use and streamlines operations.
- Our sustainable solutions also deliver benefits of security, branding and affordability.
- Some of our clamshell alternatives are up to 35% cheaper to cost neutral than clamshells.
For More Information: